Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Length: Permanent, full time – Flexible working hours
Compensation: Based on experience
Application deadline: March 30th 2015
Why work for Kokomo
- Casual environment;
- Flexible schedule;
- Open-concept office in a bustling Mile-End neighbourhood, a few steps away from 2 metro stations on the orange line (Laurier and Rosemont metro);
- Fast growing start-up with opportunities for quick advancement;
- Commission program for the referral of new clients;
- Gluten and trans-fat-free.
The front-end developer will work closely with the art direction to integrate mock-ups and contents into responsive HTML/CSS/Jquery/PHP WordPress websites. In addition to the technical aspect of his work, the front-end developer needs to have an outstanding artistic flair regarding latest trends in design, while respecting web standards and media optimisation techniques. He will also need to be proactive, resourceful and align his work with the objectives of our clients.
- Cut-out and integrate mock-ups while respecting graphic and industry standards with a “mobile first” approach;
- WordPress / Woocommerce theme development;
- Basic WordPress plugin development;
- HTML development outside of WordPress for forms, newsletters, e-mail signatures, microsites, etc.;
- Cross-browser compatibility checks;
- Participate in client meetings;
- Solve technical issues regarding client websites;
- Manage WordPress updates for client websites;
- Update company website.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a similar field in an agency or as a freelancer;
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP and Jquery – Responsive;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress and its Codex;
- In-depth knowledge of Woocommerce plugin;
- Knowledge of on-site SEO optimisation;
- Artistic flair and attention to detail;
- Rigorous respect of the W3C standards;
- Creative, reliable, autonomous, resourceful, courteous and discrete;
- Always on the lookout for the latest trends in design and web development.
Kokomo is a young Montreal-based Web agency made up of people who grew up with and on the Web, who eat and sweat Web (the two last points should in no way be taken literally).
Kokomo develops each website and application with pride and care, in the same way others make jewellery or cupcakes.
Our lean and meticulous approach has earned us an international clientele that includes companies of all sizes and artists from every background.
How to apply
For consideration, please send your resume or LinkedIn profile with links to your recent works at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this offer